If you have decided to apply to the EMBA program, we can say that you are a successful businessman or woman who is seeking for further career development. It is great, and you have made the right choice. Executive MBA programs can provide you with all the necessary skills, which will help you achieve career goals.
Like any program, the EMBA starts with an application process. Writing EMBA essays is a part of this process. This is what we are going to talk about in this article. Particularly, we will discuss several aspects that will help you succeed in writing your EMBA essay.
However, there is one significant point to be checked before you start working on EMBA essays. There are several criteria that candidates have to meet to be accepted:
- Your professional experience should be not less than 10 years;
- You have been progressing in a company steadily;
- You are a candidate for senior managerial positions.
So, if you meet all these requirements, you can start writing EMBA essays. We, definitely, cannot dictate you each sentence of your paper. However, we can tell you what you should and should not do when writing EMBA essays.
- Think over the issues you will talk about in your EMBA essay thoroughly;
- Give exact examples related to your experience;
- Tell about your interests and things that excite you;
- Think of a good beginning for your EMBA essay.
You should not:
- Begin the EMBA essay with “I come from” or “I was born in”;
- Write your autobiography, retell a resume or CV;
- Show your excellent sense of humor all the time. Several smart anecdotes will be enough for EMBA essays;
- Use sophisticated vocabulary to impress the committee.
Finally, there is one general advice that can be given on writing EMBA essays. You have to distinguish yourself from other candidates!
Maybe, a Business thesis or a thesis on leadership will also help you complete your essay.